The seasons and time are starting to change. Inclement weather, along with getting dark outside quicker, may have you in the house more than you want to be. There will be some days when you just can’t get out the house to exercise. What do you do? Don’t fret! Here are some simple workout routines that can be done inside your home or office. Always try to do a balanced routine, working your arms, legs, abs, chest, back and shoulders. You can do all of these by using your own bodyweight with little or no equipment. Listed below are some workouts that can help burn calories and strengthen muscles while you are stuck inside:
Cardio: Repeat 5-10 times
- Jumping Jacks – 30 to 60 seconds
- Jump Rope – 30 to 60 seconds
Upper Body: Repeat 5-20 times
- The Boxer – Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees bent, torso almost parallel to floor. Hug elbows to sides, hand near chest.
- Pushups – Start with arms pushed out away from wall, then bend arms in, towards the wall.
- Triceps Chair Dip (Make sure that the chair is up against a wall for support.)
- Single Arm Dumbbell Row – Use 3-5 lb dumbbell.
- Crunches – Lay flat on back – bend knees – lift shoulder blades off of floor.
- Plank Pose – Hold for 30-60 seconds.
Lower Body: Repeat 5-20 times
- Dumbbell Squats Use 3-5 lb dumbbells.)
- Lunges – Do 10 per leg (Instead of stepping back into place, step forward all the way down your hall and back.)
- Single Leg Bridge – Do 10 per leg (Lay flat on back , bend knees, arms at sides. Lift left leg off the ground.
- Calf Raise – Do 20 times (Hold on to the back of the chair and raise up on toes.