Owner of Effie’s Caterer, firstname.lastname@example.org
– 4 lbs. of broiler or fryer chicken, (cut into eights)
– ½ cup of olive oil
– Pinch of Kosher salt to taste
– 5 sprigs fresh thyme
– Pinch of fresh pepper to taste
– 25 garlic cloves (peeled)
– 3 tbsp. of olive oil (not extra virgin)
– Heat oven to 350°
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. In a 12-inch straight-sided oven sauté pan over high heat, cook the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes, until nicely brown. Remove the pan from the heat; add the remaining ½ cup of olive oil, thyme, and garlic cloves. Cover and bake for 1½ hours.
Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes with the lid on. Serve family style with plenty of fresh toasted bread (topped with softened garlic cloves.) Wonderful dish…..served over pasta.