Green Power Smoothie, Brandi Redo
This cleansing drink provides nutrients and some of the trace minerals your body is craving. One smoothie every morning will give you lasting energy until lunch.
* ¾cup water
* 4 collard or kale leaves, stemmed
* ½cup raw almonds (preferably soaked overnight)
* 1 apple (peeled, cored and coarsely chopped)
* ½cup frozen mangos, pineapples or peaches
* 1 ripe banana (peeled, and can be frozen)
* ice (to taste)
Put water in the blender first. Place all ingredients in a strong blender, such as a Vitamix. If not, you may have to stop and stir to get the contents to blend completely. Enjoy!
Contributed by Brandi Redo, Certified Holistic Health Coach Owner of “Life With Spice” a wellness service in Washington, D.C. and the metropolitan area. For more information visit www.lifewithspice.com
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.