- Trim the fat off.
- Let hidden fat drain away when cooking.
- Use healthy cooking methods such as: roasting, grilling, poaching, sautéing, stir-frying, or stewing.
- Look for healthy recipes that add flavor without fat and calories .
- Use chopped herbs or sesame seeds, nuts, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts for added taste without the fat.
- Add fish to your diet – it has omega-3 fatty acids.
For more information or cooking techniques that cut fat and preserve taste, go to www. everyday health.com/healthy-recipes/how-to-cook